Saturday, March 15, 2008

Time for a little truth about racisim.

This week, while I've been working, the question of race has been peculating around the internet and the news shows. Specifically, is it wrong to have a double standard in dealing with apparently racist comments from a Black Minister. My answer, yes.

First, I have never been a slave owner. I being born in the very late 1960's, was more than 100 years too late to own a slave. Wait, my family during the time of slavery, lived in Europe. So they owned no slaves. My ancestors were immigrants during the time of Ellis Island, and they profited not at all from the slave trade. Racism is abhorrant to by upbringing. I've previously posted about my feelings on "hyphenated Americans" and I won't revisit that topic at this time. What I'm going to say is this, racism as defined as someone being for or against you based upon race is not my idea of a conservative idea. It is however part of the Democratic Mantra, and now we see the problems that have long existed, much to the dismay of the Blacks who have long supported the Democratic Party.

Worse, we're seeing excuses for that racism. Ladies and Gentlemen, if I were to say that all of the Black People were out to rob, rape, and murder you. You would rightly call me a racist. I obviously don't believe that. If I were to say that all white people felt they were better than all black people, I would also be generalizing and racist in that comment.

I don't like Blacks, nor do I like Whites, Hispanics, Asians, or any other group. If I did, I would be racist, because liking someone because of their skin color is racist. I like those whom I like, some are white, some are black, some are brown. It doesn't freaking matter is my point.

Have I ever used the ever so naughty N word? Yes, when I'm singing along to a rap album, and there are several I like.

Now, to continue this discussion, we're going to be describing the three classes of each people. For example, there are White People, folks who are worldly and well enough educated and have some friends who are of another color. Rednecks, less worldly, but not really racist. They wouldn't lift a finger to harm someone because of their race. Ignorant (meaning they just don't know) much about other people, but hope that their children get better educated and more knowledge. White Trash. Racists, ignorant, and proud of being ignorant. Demanding that their children, and all the people around them be equally ignorant. Unable to understand or bow to logic or common sense, mis quotes scripture or holy text from time to time.

Use whatever terms you wish to describe the three groups, and you'll still be accurate. The bottom of the pile is the worst. They're racist to the core. They are black as well as white, brown, or yellow. Each racial group has people like that, and they only respond to one thing, violence. You can't reason with them, you can't educate them, and you can't explain their hatred away with childhood issues or other nonsense. They are bad to the core, and there is little hope of any salvation of the individual.

I've long wondered if we would better serve the children of such individuals by removing them from the households of such hatred, however it's a little too Orwellian for me, so I haven't yet jumped on that bandwagon. However, I think we'll agree that children who are educated by Pastor Wright have had racist and hate filled rhetoric thrust at them for a very long time, and teaching them the truth is going to be very difficult.

Pastor, the secret to getting along in America, to success in America is actually very easy. It's not the hate filled society you paint. It's get along, and go along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counter