Thursday, May 25, 2006

The 101st Fighting Keyboardist


A group of Conservative bloggers in favor of the war on Terror have begun a group calling themselves the Fighting 101st Keayboardists with the logo of a Chicken Hawk. In that original post, people interested in joining this group, are authorized to download and share the image, so long as credit is given.

I gladly give credit to Captain Ed for the logo, and the ideals behind it.

Many conservatives are Veterans, I am one of them. Others didn't join, for a number of reasons. They don't need a single reason, any more than those who join need to justify their actions to anyone. As individuals of adult responsibility, we are free to choose our own paths, and the choice to join, or not to join, is yours alone to take. Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, and Coast guardsman need not justify their choices in joining the service, not to you, and not to anyone.

There is an asinine argument that only those who are serving, should be able to speak on the war. If you aren't serving RIGHT NOW, you are called a Chicken Hawk for supporting the war on Terror. If you have served, they demand to know why you left the service. Of course, none of that matters so long as you speak AGAINST the war.

I support the war on Terror, and while I mourn the sacrifices that our troops are asked to make, I remember when I served, and the sense of duty I knew. I remember friends lost or maimed, not only in combat, but in training, or in stupid accidents. I honor those who served by supporting the mission they clearly support. They enlist knowing what they are going into, and even more indicative, they RE-ENLIST knowing what they are signing up to do again.

If I can best serve now by manning a keyboard, and helping to spread the TRUTH about the war, then that is what I will do. Kudos to those fellow conservatives who came up with this, it's frankly Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counter